Student Leadership Award
Student Leadership Application
Student Writing Award Program
Past Student Writing Award Winners
Past Inventors of the Year
Officers & Committees
Articles of Association
2006 INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAW STUDENT LEADERSHIP AWARD
The Pittsburgh Intellectual Property Law Association (PIPLA) is pleased to announce its second annual Intellectual
Property Law Student Leadership Award competition.
The Awards: Two $1,000 awards will be given, one to a law student at the University of Pittsburgh and the
other to a law student at Duquesne University.
Eligibility Criterion: To be eligible, an applicant must:
(1) Be a currently enrolled law student at either the University of Pittsburgh or Duquesne University; and
(2) Have completed at least three courses in the law school's Intellectual Property elective course concentration.
Selection Criterion: The award will be based upon the applicant's demonstration of leadership as reflected
(1) The applicant's grades in the courses taken in the law school's Intellectual Property elective course concentration;
(2) Participation in student or professional organizations that are related to the development, education, or
advancement of Intellectual Property;
(3) Participation in moot court competition involving issues of Intellectual Property;
(4) Articles written on Intellectual Property issues submitted for publication in any medium; and
(5) Clinical work the applicant participated in that involved issues of Intellectual Property.
Although selection criterion (1) will apply to all applicants, the extent to which criteria (2) through (5) apply
will vary from applicant to applicant. In other words, an applicant's having engaged in an activity identified
in any of selection criteria (2) through (5) is a plus in the evaluation of the applicant for an award, but it
is not necessary for eligibility. Also, keep in mind that applicants will be competing only against other applicants
from the same law school.
Submission Date: Any eligible law student who wishes to apply must complete and submit the attached Application
form to the address indicated thereon no later than February 17, 2006.
Award Date: The awards will be presented to the winning applicants at the PIPLA dinner meeting on March
Application Forms: Copies of the attached Application Form can be obtained at the
PIPLA Website. All applicants must use the Application Form.